Frazer United Methodist Church in Montgomery, AL is currently seeking a full-time Director of Communication. Reporting to the Director of Media Ministries, this position will be responsible for developing and implementing a strategic plan of communication reaching diverse audiences across multiple platforms in support of Frazer's mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the hope of the world.
The ideal candidate is highly organized with an eye for details and deadlines. The job requires excellent writing skills and the ability to work with graphic designers and videographers to maintain a consistent look and feel across media. Strong people skills are necessary for this role which serves to make other ministry areas successful.
As Frazer's Director of Communications, you will:
- Craft verbal announcements
- Create social media posts and measure platforms
- Design weekly emails and build contact lists
- Layout and produce weekly print bulletin and other materials
- Maintain content on our App and Website
- Contract with vendors and coordinate volunteers
- Bachelors degree in Communication, Journalism, or related field
- 2+ Years experience in communications, preferably in a ministry or non-profit environment
- Proficiency in writing, digital content management, and publication design
Most importantly, we are looking for someone who:
- Has a passion to reach people for Jesus Christ through communication media
- Has a heart to serve others and be part of a unified team
- Has a willingness to commit to Frazer as a local expression of God's universal Church
This position is full time with benefits; salary commensurate with experience. Interviews will begin ASAP with the position remaining open until filled. To apply, download the attached application and email with a cover letter and resumé to Terri Sasser, Human Resources Coordinator: email@example.com. Questions may also be directed to Ken Roach, Director of Media Ministries, firstname.lastname@example.org.